Sunday 16 September 2018

It doesn't hurt, it is just sooo ugly

It doesn't hurt, it is just soo ugly!


I had them when I was young. On every finger of every hand and even though they were not really painful they were clustering around my fingers, rubbing together sometimes. It was still a weird feeling almost like pain, when my hand touched the table. Apparently a lot of people have them and try desperately to get rid of them without any success. Yes, I'm talking about warts. 

Some people feel really embarrassed about them, as if they stood for uncleanliness or some kind of weird disease. They feel marked and blemished and have them frozen off or cut out only to see them back a few days later.



People come to see me about them after they tried everything, without success. There is one specific homoeopathic medicine called Thuja, which would be the first thing to try but Homoeopathy is a very individual medicine.


History has it that Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of Homoeopathy, cured a woman off her warts by giving Chamomilla, which must have been indicated or her constitutional remedy.


I once had a patient who desperately wanted to get rid of her warts and we tried everything. Nothing had the desired effect of getting rid of her warts. Eventually she opened up and talked a bit more about her feelings and that was the time my prescription hit the spot and her warts disappeared as well.


I got rid of my warts with holy water in the end. One dip into the fountain by the door in the medieval church and they disappeared, but that was before I knew about Homoeopathy. The holy water didn't work for everybody, Homoeopathy will.



No comments: