Sunday 14 October 2018

Putting the garden to bed

Putting the garden to bed!


We had a lovely summer and even now we still have some nice days where it is warm and sunny. A bit difficult to imagine on a day when it is wet and stormy. 


Those are the days when I wish that I would have put my garden to bed ready for winter, but I haven't yet. I've made a start but then I had to stop. 

Having a go at the blackberry bushes they fought back and stuck a thorn into my hand. It was in such an inconvenient place. Well, is there actually a convenient place? Anyway, I had to stop. Rushing into the house I got my tweezers out, got rid of the thorn and retreated to my homoeopathic medicine chest. Out came Ledum, which is very good for puncture wounds, and very good for damage to nerve rich eras like finger tips and toes. After that I delayed the rest of the work to an yet unknown day.


If you still have the pleasure of this chore as well here are some of my favourite remedies to help you with the damage you might do to yourself.


If you have any problems with strains or sprains from operating the secateurs or digging, Ruta might be the right remedy to take, particularly if ligaments are involved.

Many achy muscles after doing the garden might be addressed with Bellis Perennis, but only if you are still in a good mood. You still have a good excuse for a long soak in the bath.


Don't fall off the ladder or something else but if you do get bruised, Arnica is the best choice.


Be careful with fire but if you really have to light a bonfire and get too close, Causticum will ease the pain of the burn.


Please keep in mind that you have to seek medical help for severe injuries, and that Homoeopathy is a very individual medicine. So if you don't get the desired result from my suggestions it might be an idea to book an appointment with me that I can find the remedy that suits YOU.


Sun lounger is gone now. Sleeping n the shed until the sun comes back.

 

No comments: