Wednesday 20 June 2018

The fish not in the water

The fish not in the water

Sorry no fish came in for a photograph.

In my last blog I mentioned homoeopathic remedies made out of various waters. From water to fish is a short line and I came to think of homoeopathic remedies made out of fish. I know some people do not agree with the concept of using and abusing animals for the sake of humans which I can understand and respect. As a homoeopath I know about the huge benefits animal remedies can make to the health of people. 

So let us talk about homoeopathic remedies made out of fish. I don't think that they play a big role in homoeopathy and I definitely never prescribed one to a patient so far. The only homoeopathic remedy which sprang to mind when I was thinking about the use of fish in Homoeopathy was Salmon, which has its common use in certain cases of infertility where indicated.


Another homoeopathic remedy made out of fish is called Erythrinus and this is made out of a kind of red mullet. It is only used for a peculiar type of red rash and sometimes in cases of syphilis.


There is the homoeopathic remedy Gadus morrhua which is made out of cod. It has a very small symptom picture and I have not used it so far in my practice. A related homoeopathic remedy is Oleum Jacoris aselli, a homoeopathic remedy made out if cod liver oil. It has a bigger symptom picture and is specific, no wonder, to malnutrition. It is a good liver remedy but benefits the pancreas as well.


A remedy which has a big affinity for the kidneys and can be used in kidney failure where indicated, is Serum Anguillae, the homoeopathic remedy made out of the freshwater eel.


There is also the sting ball and the sting fish where the poisonous fin of Trachinus draco and Trachinus vipera is used to make the homoeopathic remedy. It is basically used to alleviate the bad affects when you have been stung by either of the fish but also in blood poisoning, asthma, neuralgias and ulcers where indicated. 


It is quite peculiar that all fish remedies seem to have an affinity for the skin and to a certain extent act on the respiratory mucus membranes.


There is one homoeopathic remedy, called Ichthyolum, which is prepared from a bituminous mineral which is rich in fossilized remains of a fish. Clinically it is indicated in bronchitis, dry teasing coughs and eczema and other skin disorders.

Homoeopathicly it actually does not belong to the fish remedies but rather to the petrol remedies so it would be fine for vegans.

As I said, fish doesn't play a big role in my practice but if you need any help with your health issues or think that one of the above remedies might help you please get in contact with me.

No comments: