Sunday 15 September 2024

It is never to late

Feed Your Brain


I just read a quote which said that education is something which never can be finished. I do agree. I was always a keen learner and I still want to learn. I always want to improve my knowledge, no matter the subject. 


I loved school and university, the more to learn and to know, the better. But I must admit, in recent years I found it quite hard to retain and recall the information. It was particularly bad after giving birth to my son. It was so bad that I had to phone the doctor just after putting the receiver down again because I could not remember the date and time for the next appointment. So I had to call back with pen and paper in one hand, the receiver held between ear and shoulder to write the appointment  down there and then. 


Now I think it is just old age. I sometimes want to do something, walk into the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom.... and forget what I wanted to do. So, does that happen to you as well? Or I meant to do something and there is the nagging feeling that I haven't completed the task but I just cannot remember what it was? Is tying a knot into a handkerchief still in fashion? Does anybody still have handkerchiefs to ty a knot into? Did it work anyway??   


There are certain things you can do to prevent your memory from drying up. Coconut oil is good, even if you don't eat it. Just putting it on your skin. Rubbing it into your feet is said to be particularly good for your brain. And there are Homoeopathic remedies which can help as well. I found Bacopa very useful, but there are other remedies which can be taken before and after revision to aid the remembrance of the material studied. This can be very helpful if you have some upcoming exams, and it might take the stress out of the situation. If you need any help then give me a call om 07813 195468. Don't forget it!




No comments: