Sunday, 13 September 2026

Some like it hot

 It Is Going To Be Hot Again!


One of my lovely daughters gave me a seed calender for Christmas last year and I tried to use all the seeds in it. I didn't manage that, but what I managed to sow was the chillies. 


In February they went into the soil and out came sweet little plants which went into the raised bed outside in May. I harvested some of the little red beauties last week. 


Naturally I want to use them for cooking but the question now is  how much to use in one go? I want it hot but not too hot. Shall I start with a quarter of it or half? With or without the seeds? Or should I be bold and use 3/4 or even all of it? It is a difficult question becaue once it is in the dish, it cannot be taken out. 


There is actually a Homoeopathic remedy made of Chillie. It is called Capsicum annuum. As you can immagine one of the keynotes in this remedy is burning. And it is burning worse from cold water. Another keynote is, very appropriately, redness. There is also much thirst but drinking causes shuddering and there is desire for coffee but it causes nausea. It is also worse from slight draught and worse for cold air and, as said before, worse for cold water. 


There is much more to say about this remedy, but one thing is clear: Dosing it is so much easier than the real thing. Don't forget that in Homoeopathy we do not treat diseases we treat the individual person. If you would like to be the person finding your way to health with the help of Homoeopathy and me, give me a call on 07813 195468 to book an appointment. Looking forward to hear from you. 






No comments: