Monday 9 July 2018

Herb and Spice and all things nice

Herbs and Spice and all things nice

There is a lot around the health benefits of spices recently. Turmeric was almost declared the wonder spice. Well, I got that impression and therefore some time ago, during the winter, I tried it myself. I though it might be another tool to help my patients but I didn't want to recommend it without trying it myself. Off I went and bought jars of the yellow, golden, powder and boiled it into a thick paste with a bit of water.


My aim was to make the golden milk which is supposed to bring so many health benefits and help with arthritis and other ailments. My elbow was hurting a bit at the time and I thought by drinking golden milk for a fortnight it might go away. So I produced the golden paste and then got rice milk which I really like hot. Every evening I dissolved  a teaspoon of the golden paste in a bit of rice milk and boiled it into golden milk with all the other recommended ingredients. 

I must have done something wrong because my milk didn't look golden but rather a muddy yellow. The taste was o.k. but nothing to indulge in and there was always a bit of sediment on the bottom of the mug which nearly choked me every time when I was stirring it up and swallowing it. "No pain, no gain" I thought and carried on. I thought the same thing when I was doing the washing up. My hate for doing the washing up is only surpassed by my hate for dish washers, but every evening I was using a little pan to heat my milk up, and a mug to drink it. I couldn't use my in-use tea mug because that would have spoiled the milk and I couldn't use my milk mug because that would have spoiled the tea.

I don't know if I did something wrong because there was only pain and no gain. The pain in my elbow remained. Do you know what? I went back to use Homoeopathy. One pill of Rhus-tox sorted the elbow problem out and that was only a little pill under my tongue. No pot, no mug and no time to do the preparation. Job done!


No comments: