Sunday 21 January 2024

Wintertime

Don't Let The Cold Get To You



It has been really frosty the last few days. It is January so no wonder and we shouldn't complain as we have to expect cold weather. Just do not let it get to you. As they say, there is no bad weather there are only the wrong clothes. So try and dress according to the weather but still do go out. I know, we all want to hibernate when it is cold out there but we do need the daylight even if the sun is not shining. So stay on top with some tips.

First I always recommend my cold water treatments. After you've had your shower, turn the tap to cold and rinse your legs, left one first from the toes upwards and then the right one. Do the same with the arms, left one first fingertips to shoulder, and then the right one. The last thing you give a cold rinse to should be your face. Eating lots of fresh fruit and vegetables can help to keep you healthy as well. Having a brisk stroll in the fresh air whatever the weather is also good for the immune system and helps to fend off the winter blues. My first aid remedy after getting wet and cold, is always having a hot bath. When everything else fails, there is always Homoeopathy to help. 

I've already had some emergency calls and I'm glad to say that Homoeopathy was able to help. There are a few first aid remedies you can try before you give me a call. The remedy I would recommend after getting cold in a westerly wind is Aconite. Another good one after you have been getting cold in drafty rooms or streets, is Allium cepa. Arsenicum album is a good remedy to nip a cold in the bud when you got cold on a foggy, damp day. For light sniffles and colds which develop slowly, Gelsemium is perfect. Please don't forget that there are limitations for self treatment and that Homoeopathy is a very individual medicine. So please let me know when you don't get any better and need my help. Contact me on 07813 195468 for further information or to book an appointment. Looking forward to hear from you.




Photograph by Roger Giraud-Saunders

No comments: