Sunday 22 October 2023

The Buzz

What Is The Answer?



Climate change is the buzz word nowadays and we are all aware of the fact that something must be done. But what???


For some people the answer lies in electrical cars, bikes and scooters. Looking closely I'm not so sure that this is really the answer. Yes, it is right that they are not polluting the inner cities as the fossil fueled transport does. And yes, some people get on an e-bike, which is cleaner, when they previously would have used the fossil fueled car. Or wouldn't have got out and about at all. I must admit I was thinking about getting an e-bike to roll about the long Wiltshire hills which is too much for me on my normal bike. When I was a child it gave me a real buzz to think that I was generating the electricity for my light to come on after dark, when the dynamo was working. Me, being my own power station really thrilled me to bits. So much that I sometimes had the dynamo on even though the light was not working. 


So, is electricity really the answer to all our problems? The other question is: "Where does the electricity come from?" And: "What is clean electricity?" Are nuclear power stations clean? What about sustainable resources? Are solar farms the answer? 


I personally think that it would make a difference if every house had solar panels on the roof. I also think that it is not a good idea to cut down trees which have been standing for 70 years or more to heat Heathrow airport. 


I'm terrified of nuclear power stations.... and of electric cars, bikes and scooters come to think of it. There was so much about the batteries of electric transport catching fire recently. I was also horrified to hear that you have to immerse an electric car on fire into a tank of water to extinguish the fire.  They also do not have a wide range so after 300km you might get into trouble when you cannot find another socket to pluck your car in. They also take a long time to recharge. And they do not last that long. When your batterie is done with, you have to get a new car. And what happen to the car after that? It also scares me to think about how the material for the batteries is sourced. And they are called "rare earths" for a reason.


I think the answer might be that we need to stop using so much electricity. So just think: Do I need the car (electric or not) to go to town, or could I walk? Do I need to have the TV on when I'm not actually watching? Do I really need such a big TV, or would it not be nicer just to go to the cinema if I want that? Is it not nice just to have a candle light dinner every now and again even though we only eat bangers and mash?  Or just sweep the floor instead of hoovering? Are there anymore situations were we can save electricity? Turning the lights out when leaving the room? 


I must admit that I do not think that this will save us. And always remember: We will not save the planet, the planet is looking after itself, we need to be looking after us on this planet. The planet is saving itself by getting rid of us.


It is a little comfort to me thinking about me having a bit, a tiny bit, of electricity in my chest of drawers where I keep my Homoeopathic remedies. There is actually a Homoeopathic remedy called "Electricitas" made from lactose saturated with the current. And this might help a bit with saving us on this planet. It can be helpful in cases where a person suffers from fear when a thunderstorm is approaching and other symptoms where indicated. 


I was recently researching a Homoeopathic remedy which was made from sand which was hit by lightning. That can take the form of glass-lined tubes which are sandy on the outside. They can look like little thunderbolts themselves but can occur by all sorts of high voltage discharges. It is very interesting to know that there must be at least a temperature of 1800℃ at the event of transformation which happens in around 30 microseconds.

Homoeopathy is a very individual medicine which treats the whole person and not the disease. So if you want to have your individual treatment just give me a ring on 07813 195468. Looking forward to hear from you.


The Answer???



 

No comments: