Sunday 3 December 2023

The advent of the festive season

A Reason To Be Jolly



It is the first of Advent again, this special time of year when the Advent calendars can be opened, one door each day. I used to have an Advent calendar every year as a child. It was so exciting to open a little door before school and have the chocolate which was always a nice shape. Sometimes it was a little bear or a snowflake and it was always something festive. When I was at primary school our teacher would light some candles on her desk at the beginning of class and the big light would go out. And then she would read us the first chapter of a Christmas book. I think it was only ten minutes but it was magical. The candle lit class room, the darkness outside the window and the story. This was the magic at Christmas and a real treat for me as a child. 


The other real treat was that little piece of chocolate in the Advent calendar every morning. I must admit that sometimes I ate them all in one go. I might have been able to be quite good for the first 2-3 days and then I lost it and ravaged the whole calendar so all that was left where the little pictures. I couldn't help myself. When I was a child chocolate or sweet treats were not part of our every day diet. It was quite compulsive to open another door and have another of that little piece of comfort. I can understand that some people are addicted to chocolate. I sometimes cannot stop eating it once I started and I'm not really a chocolate person. 


There is actually a Homoeopathic remedy made from chocolate. It is a very interesting remedy. It is not only used for people who have issues with chocolate but is a remedy on its own rights. It can be used if there is tension in the shoulders which extends to the base of the neck, dry skin and problems with the digestion. 

I recently learned that chocolate is actually used to treat trauma where indicated as well and I'm somehow not surprised. I can remember that comforting feeling while raiding my Advent calendar when I couldn't stop opening another door. And there was no guilt at all. If you want to find out about the wonders of Homoeopathy and how it might help you give me a call on 07813 195468. 


NO chocolate this year!




 

No comments: